Wednesday, August 26, 2009

First Post!

For the past 22 years of my life, I have been letting asthma get in the way of something that I have always wanted to do -- run. It's not that I can't run, I just don't make it very far. Having to run the mile in high school was always the most stressful experience.. Getting it done in the 13 minutes they give you is a more daunting experience than you might expect.

I've finally decided to make a change. Over the next year (actually more like 13 months), I am going to train and take part in various different run/walks in the DC area, all with the goal of being able to run a 5K. My start and end point is going to be the DC AIDS Walk/Run 5K, being held this year on October 3. By next years, I want to be able to run the complete 5K.

Getting involved in the community is something that has always been very important to me, and I am excited to also use this experience to support, raise awareness and money for various organizations that are doing a lot of good.

No comments:

Post a Comment