Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Maybe I'll try something new...

I just read that, for school-aged children with asthma at least, getting the flu shot is especially important because they experience much worse symptoms.

I've never gone to get a flu shot in my life, and although the last time I was diagnosed by a doctor as having the flu was when I was 8, every winter I seem to catch the same bug. The cold aggravates my asthma much more than it usually does and I feel fatigued very easily. It keeps me off my game for about a week (sometimes more) each winter.

Managing my asthma better experiment #1: Getting a flu shot and seeing how it helps me out this winter!


Update: Found this on the CDC's website. Looks like someone's gonna come face to face with her fear of needles in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment