Tuesday, December 8, 2009

New Routine.. Lets see how long this lasts

Since returning back to DC my schedule has been non-stop busy. Even though I'm not working late, my evenings have been filled with other activities like Christmas shopping (which I'm now done with - I feel quite accomplished), happy hours, meetings, etc. I used to enjoy going to the gym around 8pm, but with the way my schedule has been lately, I'm just getting home and am more hungry than anything by that point.

Though not a morning person, I decided to try waking up earlier and going to the gym for half an hour. Lucky me, the gym I go to is on the first floor of my building, so I don't have to worry about going very far. Let me just say I have no idea why I didn't start doing this months ago. Getting on the treadmill and walking/running really helps to clear my head before starting the day, and the energy I go into work with is 10x greater than usual.

After my eat-fest back on Long Island during Thanksgiving, I was feeling kind of discouraged because of the lack of free time I'd have when going back to DC. I'm now feeling reinvigorated and reinspired.

The one con - The distance I've been able to run hasn't changed much since I don't feel fully awake 'til the end of my workout.. but I'm trying to get to the gym at night once a week to try and work on this.

I usually go through phases with workouts, but this is one routine I think I'm going to be able to keep up for quite some time!

No comments:

Post a Comment