Friday, March 12, 2010

The Growth of Singulair

When I was 14 I was prescribed singular to help me get my asthma under control and ever since then I've been on and off the medication. I just read in THIS article that it is one of the most prescribed asthma medications in the world. It says:


Strong Singulair growth driven by allergic rhinitis indication Singulair sales grew by 57% in the fourth quarter of 2002 and grew 35% in 2003 to reach sales of $2 billion for the year. At present it is the most prescribed asthma controller in the US and the second leading product in global total prescription. Merck received FDA approval for Singulair for the relief of symptoms caused by seasonal allergic rhinitis. It is the only brand targeted at both asthma and allergic rhinitis. The company is expected to benefit from patient dissatisfaction with other brands, brand switching and physician familiarity with Singulair as an asthma treatment.


In the coming weeks I'm looking on going back on maintenance medications for my asthma. Singulair will definitely be something I'll be talking to my doctor about.

No comments:

Post a Comment