Friday, November 20, 2009

More reading material..

For my birthday this year I was given an Amazon Kindle, which is probably the coolest piece of technology I've owned in a long time. Throughout my life I've been an avid reader and recently have not been taking as many trips to the bookstore as I'd like to. Now, with this gadget, I look forward to the time when I have nothing to do but sit around and read.

Mostly I've been reading a lot of chick-lit, however today I finally took the initiative to see if they had any books/magazines on running available. First thing to come up was THIS and they had a number of other books with advice on how to start training and avoid injury.

When I go home next week I'll have tons of free time (and very little access to a gym), so while I'm sitting on the couch and eatting all day at least I'll be learning and formulating my workout plan for when I get back to DC. It's much needed -- I went to the gym for the first time in a month the other day and was STRUGGLIN'.

Now that I'm finally feeling better (up and running!) from that cold that had me out of commission for almost a month, it's time to really start focusing.

1 comment: