Monday, April 5, 2010

My Trip to Puerto Rico!..


I've been meaning to write about my trip for a while but things have been pretty hectic at work since I've been back. I'm just finally getting a few moments to breathe and get to all the things I've been meaning to do for a week.

I'll stop complaining - I just had the most relaxing vacation. After feeling overworked for quite some time I called my mom saying I've had enough - and that's where the idea for my trip came from. I took 3 days to get away from everything, FAR FAR AWAY, and it was so amazing I don't think I could have been stressed out even if I tried.

I had my first ever massage and facial, which were amazing. I spent as much time as possible by the pool and came back a little red :) My resort was right on the ocean so it was nice to be on the beach as well. Had myself quite a few pina coladas and some tasty Puerto Rican food. And not to sound cheesy - I felt such a sense of pride being there since I am half Puerto Rican. I feel a desire to go back and learn more about the culture. All in all a great trip.

I think it's important for everyone to take some time to themselves, whether it be going on a trip to somewhere beautiful like I did, or just a few days off of work. Though, I do recommend getting as far away from everything as possible. Just think about it, you could be here:


No comments:

Post a Comment