Tuesday, April 20, 2010

One of my favorite places



Last weekend I visited my family and friends back on Long Island. I don't make it home too often so whenever I do I am always really excited for it. The past few times I've been home the weather has been cold so I haven't been able to do one of my favorite things - walk in Hendrickson Park.


The park is only a block and a half from where my family lives and as far back as elementary school I can remember always having a good time at the park: field trips to the park to ride our bikes, the Valley Stream Pool, playing basketball (my team was 1st place in 1995), playing mini golf.


Being the park reminded me of one reason why I love where I'm from so much, and it also made me want to work out. The park has always been a great place to excersize. There is a 1.5 mile trail surrounding the park with running and bike lanes, and along the way plenty of spots to stretch and do different excercizes. Coming off from my 5K experience, I am looking forward to running the whole course in the park next time I come home.


No comments:

Post a Comment