Friday, August 6, 2010

I'm all for indulging in a few spirits before flying

but is this taking it too far?

Gawker's take on this WSJ story is pretty funny, but it's definitely something to think about. Yes, airports need to make more money, but is pushing booze on passengers the way to do it? I usually get to the airport a little early so I can have a drink or two before my flight, and if my layover is a few hours I'll hit up the bar closest to my departing gate, so I know they're making some good money off of me. However, I've never been on a flight that's been delayed because of a drunk unruly passenger, but I can imagine it is quite unpleasant. Do you think 24 hour alcohol sales at airports will increase the number of unruly drunk passengers?

I must admit though, last time I flew, I arrived at DFW at 8am and was quite excited to see all the bars were open ;)

PS - Gawker mentioned the lost wallet while travelling. That's the WORST.

No comments:

Post a Comment