Monday, September 27, 2010

AirTran merging with Southwest Airlines

If you enjoy traveling like me, you're always on the lookout for the best airfare deals. Consistently, I have found cheap flights and good customer service on AirTran the past two years. The major plus is that they fly out of the airport closest to me, Reagan National. I have also flown on Southwest, but they only fly out of BWI.

Well, it seems I might be able to "move about the country," as Southwest says, more easily because they are buying AirTran. What does this mean? According to this article in the NYT, Southwest will be filling the holes in their service, which AirTran currently flies to - like Atlanta (the nation's largest airport) and the Caribbean. Since both airlines were discount rivals, prices will of course stay low.

My only question... what will happen to my AirTran rewards?!?! I'm halfway to a free one way flight!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment