Tuesday, September 14, 2010

I HAD ANOTHER TASTY MEAL! :)

You know how much I LOVE writing all about the tasty food I encounter, so here we go again!

Last night I met a friend for dinner at Cafe St. Ex on 14th St. We were able to grab a table outside, on their super cute outdoor patio. Even better, we were seated at a corner table near a bunch of flowers :) Both of us started out with the arugula salad, which came with pine nuts, peaches, manchego cheese and a cilantro lime dressing. The portion was huge! Throw a protein on top and you could have a very satisfying meal. But that was just the beginning....
For our second course I ordered the Waygu sirloin with grilled romaine and tomatoes. I don't eat tomatoes so I pushed those to the side. The sirloin was cooked to my liking but the romaine was a little salty. I'm not too sure if it's because they oversalted it or because when it cooks more it turns salty; I'll have to do a little research (or if any of you know please tell me.) My friend got the chicken duo and cleaned up her plate.
For desert (yes we still had room) I ordered the melon & marscapone sundae which was light and refreshing - a great way to end the meal and a perfect compliment to the beautiful weather outside. My friend ordered the chocolate cake which came with the tastiest cinnamon ice cream.

For all that food, plus 2 glasses of wine and 2 coffees - the bill was $110... not too shabby I'd say! If you're in that 'hood and looking for something to eat, I'd definitely recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment